Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance In spite Of Moving ViolationsTickets and moving violations make it more difficult for you to enjoy affordable Colorado auto insurance. But note that it does NOT in anyway make it impossible. The following should help you take charge and drive down your rates...
1. Know that you're NOT alone. Even though this should NOT be an excuse for recklessness, we all are capable of moving violations. Yes, even the best of drivers make mistakes or allow their emotions to dictate to them sometimes.
The mere fact that you understand that being guilty of moving violations doesn't make you a villain gives you the opportunity to review your actions and options intelligently. Furthermore, you'll be in a better position to avoid a repeat.
2. Moving violations that you think are undeserved should be contested in a traffic court. And if they are reversed, make sure you inform your agent so that you can enjoy the well-deserved relief.
3. You can take traffic school in exchange for a dismissal of a moving violation. However, bear in mind that this depends largely on the type of violation involved.
4. Moving violations are usually kept on your driving record for three years in most states (Some states are known to keep them for up to five years). However, many drivers still pay high auto insurance rates in Colorado long after those violations have been removed from their records.
You have a responsibility if this applies to you. Inform your agent and make sure your insurer adjusts your rates to reflect the positive change. What if they don't? Then it's time to shop for another insurer -- With a clean record, you can easily get far lower auto insurance rates with ease.
5. Even if you have multiple violations on your driving record (definitely NOT good), you can take advantage of insurers that specialize in insuring high risk drivers. Since they have a better understanding of high risk drivers, you can easily get lower rates with them depending on other factors in your profile.
Insurers are always adjusting rates. Furthermore, they all do NOT have exactly the same rate quotes for similar profiles. Therefore, you'll save a lot if you take out some time to get and compare Colorado auto insurance quotes from a wide range of insurance companies.
Start getting and comparing quotes. The box below is a good place to start. It's free and will take you just a few minutes...