Adequate Alabama Auto Insurance Coverage At Dirt Cheap RatesAre you searching for affordable Alabama auto insurance? Here are things you need to know in order to ensure you enjoy superior coverage at dirt cheap rates...
First and foremost, you need to know what the law in Alabama requires as minimum coverage. Alabama auto insurance coverage is often referred to as 25/50/25 coverage. Here's what those figures mean...
If you're at fault in an accident, your insurance provider will bear the costs for bodily injury up to $25,000 per injured person. However, they will NOT exceed $50,000 for bodily injury per accident. For property damage, they will give you coverage from liability up to $25,000.
The law in the State of Alabama makes it mandatory that every driver must have this as minimum insurance coverage.
But the question is: Is this enough? It depends on what you really want. Do you just want to fulfill all formalities or do you really want to get sufficient coverage? If you barely get by, go with this minimum. However, if you have substantial assets, be informed that lawyers could go after your assets to pay up for liability incurred by you if you're at fault in an accident.
Here are two things you need to know, though...
Alabama operates a tort system. This means that it is the person who's found to be at fault in an accident that bears the cost (or their insurer). The other thing is that you can protect yourself from crazy liability suits by getting an umbrella policy. This costs very little but gives you very extensive liability coverage. If you're interested in knowing more, consult your agent.
Now that you know what the law stipulates, here are quick tips to help you save much...
1. Insure all your vehicles with the same insurer. This entitles to a multi-vehicle discount.
2. Ensure your credit rating is excellent.
3. If you're a student, maintain excellent grades.
4. Take a class in defensive driving and tell your insurer about it.
5. Some cars are much more expensive to insure. Therefore, find out how insurance friendly a car is before you buy.
6. Reduce your mileage by carpooling and/or using the public transport system whenever you can.
7. Do extensive shopping for Alabama auto insurance quotes. I recommend you visit NOT less than five reputable quotes sites. This simple exercise, if done right, would save you hundreds of premium dollars.
Start getting and comparing quotes. The box below is a good place to start. It's free and will take you just a few minutes...